Monday, November 1, 2010

Was that Bohemian Rhapsody??

Okay, so I think I have made it quite clear that I love to be the center of attention.  I think about it, I dream about it, I crave it.  It is my ultimate goal.  But when do you become adult enough to reign that shit in and manage it?  26?  27?  30?  I am not sure.  But what I am sure of is that when you are between the ages of birth and about 22, maybe 24, you have absolutely no clue how to control it and think everyone cares about you and only you.
     I noticed this oddity while riding public transportation during a huge event in DC.  I was actually doing something else on the train, something more important than everyone else of course, but was the unfortunate bystander in a sea of annoying, stinky bodies.  The stink of people was enough to drive me out of my mind, but that is definitely a whole post on its own.  Anyway, I was alone.  And because I was alone, I was able to observe others in their natural, horrible state.  The first thing I noticed was how LOUD the younger people were.  Everything they had to say was CLEARLY so important and profound that they had to share it with EVERYONE.  The way they glanced around as they were speaking, checking to see that people were hanging on their every word, made it very apparent that they were total attention whores.  I wanted to wring their necks.  Of course, that probably would have been fine with them, seeing as how they just wanted ANYONE to notice what they were doing.  Luckily for me, another group of youngsters broke out into their special rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody for everyone's listening pleasure.  GAG!!  I was really hoping for someone to break out their guitar, maybe an accordion.  It really would have made the whole experience complete.
     Another thing that I find amusing is the way people dress to express themselves.  Everyone does this, no one is excluded, especially myself.  No matter what you decide to wear, it is an expression of yourself because you have personally picked out your clothing on purpose.  Most likely, you have even checked yourself out in the mirror a couple of times to make sure you look the way you want to look.  But watching other people, and analyzing their clothing, can be quite amusing.  Fortunately for me, I was able to be in the city on Halloween weekend, so I got to enjoy ALL the freaks.  I just LOVE seeing grown women dressed as ballerinas, ladybugs, slutty witches, etc..  The thing I find so interesting is that the men even get in on the action, also dressed as ballerinas, ladybugs, slutty witches...AWESOME!!  I know it's Halloween, but I am starting to think this is just an excuse for people to show their true selves.
     I realize that I am quite judgmental about the way others act in public.  I am sure that I have made an ass of myself plenty of times or worn some atrocity that could maybe pass for clothing, probably not even just when I was 20 or 22 or even 24.  The thing is, I used to do it on purpose.  Now I am just an ass.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment