Human beings are so frackin' weird. Individuals can be interesting, fun and cool, but as a whole, people are just strange. Take, for example, the things we find interesting enough to read in the so called "news". "Woman Lives in Museum for a Month". This is about a woman who entered some contest where the winner got to live in a museum for 30 days with access to everything in the museum. At first glance, kinda cool. Then reality hits. Why are people interested in hearing about a woman sleeping in a museum for 30 days? Who gives a shit? Why do I care about this? It is creepy and, to be honest, BOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIING!! "Ex-'Bachelorette' has baby". UGH!!! Not only do I not watch this show, but WHY is this considered news??? WHO CARES? Why is precious time and energy being wasted on un-news like this? "Tourists Flock to Real Life Potter Grave". Now, there are two things that are going on here that bother me. One, it is being passed off as news. Two, people are FLOCKING to a grave because the name of the REAL PERSON was Harry Potter???? I.Am.Confused. WTF?? Are people just so fucking bored with their humdrum lives that they will attach themselves to ANYTHING for a little excitement? I mean, I admit to being lonely and bored, but I can tell you that I am not about to go visit Harry Potter's grave, or even care enough to read about it. That is just lame. I would rather be crying in my beer all alone for the rest of my life than to jump on that bandwagon.
I am getting tired of news all together, mostly because I.Just.Don't.Care. Every day, we are completely overwhelmed by shit trying to be passed as relevant. Most of the shit out there is not important, over sensationalized and does not personally affect me in any way whatsoever. It is depressing. It is distracting. It is a detour from the road of our normal, every day lives. I really do not think we are meant to know THAT MUCH about the world outside of our own and certainly not the trite shit that is being put out there. I do not give a flying fuck about the boy who's bake sale got shut down because he didn't have a permit. I really don't want to hear about the "Tricky issues" for the Royal Wedding. How much time are people wasting reading about Ryan Seacrest's girlfriend "gushing". Gross. And honestly, what does it matter if I can or can't pass a citizenship test? I AM A CITIZEN SO IT DOESN'T!! The day that my citizenship is revoked, I PROMISE, I will study and take the test. But until then, it just doesn't matter. We all need to get lives and find something more important to do. Like posting on a blog so others can read our trivial bullshit!
No comments:
Post a Comment