Saturday, November 6, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

Alrighty then.  Let's switch gears a little bit.  I have established that I hate LOTS of things.  So, just to prove that I am not a completely heartless bitch, I am going to list some things that I love.  It will be the first and last time I do this.  I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that I am some kind of unicorn loving, carousel horse collecting, princess dress wearing flake.  Okay, here we go, in no particular order.
     I love babies in towels just out of the bath.  I love watching the sunrise on a hot, muggy morning.  I love a good summer storm, complete with wind, thunder and lightning.  It scares me and thrills me at the same time.  I love choral music.  I love how I feel when I hear anyone sing a high C, like crying and like my heart may just burst out of my chest.  I love the Star Spangled Banner.  That also makes me cry, every time, especially while singing it.  I love the feeling of a baby wrapping their warm, chubby little arms around my neck for a hug.  I love hearing my children tell me they love me.  I love music that makes me dance, even though I look like an idiot.  I love that when I am in the car I sing like a rock star.  I love the way the rain smells in really dry weather.  I love the smell of Mink hairspray, it reminds me of my grandmother.  I love that even after three kids and 17 years together, my husband still thinks my ass looks great in a good pair of jeans.  I love when my kids can't stop touching my clothes because they think I look pretty.  I love hot weather, 85 or above.  I love my old friends who just get me and love me in spite of my flaws.  I love being able to act like an asshole without the aid of a controlled substance.  I love being warm under my covers, but feeling the cold on my nose as it peeks out.  I love, love, love the smell of honeysuckle when I run past it.  I love working my body so hard that I break into a full body sweat and I love when it dries and I can feel the salt on my skin.  I love when I am able to completely let go and lose myself, even if it is only for a moment.  I love the smell of bacon and coffee in the morning.  I love a really good glass of Merlot that tastes like cheese and chocolate.  I love the sound of snowflakes hitting the ground and the silence of the world during a snow shower.  I love watching my kids discover new things and remembering how good that used to feel.  I love socks.  I love wearing sexy underclothes and feeling like it's a secret.  I love being pregnant and knowing there is a human being inside me.  I love having brothers that are funnier than me.  I love laughing so hard I pee a little.  I love the smell of people's dryer sheets coming out of their vents outside.  I love books that make me cry like a fool.  I love feeling like a million bucks in a pretty coat or a slammin' pair of shoes.  I love being around people who appreciate and share my sense of humor.  I love rock candy.  I love when I feel so happy I can't stop smiling.  I love sitting at the counter of an old fashioned drug store.  I love old Christmas cards.  I love runner's high.  I love the smell of a used bookstore.  I love the feeling of being hungry when I am about to eat something awesome.  I love having my toes painted by someone else.  I love having my hands and feet massaged.  I love falling asleep next to my warm babies and waking up to them snuggling.  But, most of all, I love that no matter how shitty I feel, any one of these things can turn my day around and bring me back to center.
     So, there you have it.  These are not ALL the things I love, but I have to keep some things just for me.  Don't get used to the love fest though because it will never happen again.  I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment