Monday, October 18, 2010

OMFGWTFBBQ?

There is something that bothers the shit out of me when I see it.  I feel really hypocritical too, because I use it all the time.  Internet abbreviations.  Every time I use one, I am COI.
     Now hear me out.  I understand that it is much easier to type OMG LOL vs. Oh my God I am laughing out loud, but come on.  It feels as though it has somehow spun out of control.  You know people are just throwing the LOL around when they are not even really laughing.  I also love LOLing.  Um, no, dumb ass.  You are not laughing out loudING.  You are just laughing, so you are L-ing.  LOL doesn't even really make too much sense.  Why wouldn't you just say, TISF (that is so funny)?  Or, YAFH (You are fucking hilarious)?  These are things people would actually say in real life.  Not LOL or ROTFL.  And when the hell was the last time you rolled on the floor with laughter??  I think the last time I did was when I was high and fell out of my chair from laughter.  I may have been a little drunk too, but that's a story for a different time.  Even then, I did not ROLL AROUND.  There is never a time when I am sitting in my chair, reading something on Facebook or in chat and find something SO FUNNY that I fall on the floor and start rolling around like a fucking idiot.  Recently I saw a new one that I had never heard before.  BWL (bursting with laughter).  Really???  That is some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.  Is it because LOL doesn't carry the same weight anymore?  Apparently, nobody takes the LOL as seriously as they used to, so someone just had to introduce the BWL.  If you are going to introduce something new, try IALSHMCH (I am laughing so hard my cheeks hurt).  It makes WAY more sense and is something someone would ACTUALLY SAY. 
     A friend of mine got me doing something cool.  She adds ! at the end.  I think it makes it seem more like the person is laughing.  LMAO makes me think of the digital, female voice that tells me the time on my computer.  LMAO! seems more real.  I don't know why, just does to me.  I wish that digitone lady sounded like that.  "The time is now 12:00!!" 
     There are a few I rather like, though.  I happen to like WTF especially when combined with ?????.  It seems to look like exactly what it means.  wtf as well.  Looks like you are saying it under your breath.   I also REALLY love OMGWTFBBQ, only because it combines WTF with a Q.  Qs are always funny.  It is the happiest letter.  
     What I would absolutely love to start doing is using them in every day conversation with real people.  For example:

     "And when Melinda caught Tom in bed with that slut, she removed her prosthetic leg  and used it to beat him to death!  Then, she literally shoved her foot in that bitch's ass!"
     "O-M-G!!"

It would be even better if you said the explanation point, like this:

     "O-M-G exclamation point exclamation point"

or

     "W-T-F question mark question mark question mark"

Also, I just think people should start making ones up for random shit.  HTGMOCT (had to get my oil changed today).  Or, IGTROMPBAEF (I got the results of my pap back and everything's fine).  GLLNAIWA (got laid last night and it was awesome).  I wonder how long it would take for that shit to catch on...

Well, TTYL!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment